Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Monday, August 22, 2011

why the circus?

A lot of people have asked about my Cirque Caprice series with Changeling Press, and the most often asked question is why the circus?

I've been a circus kid since my mom took me to see Ringling Brothers when I was 5. I love the sounds and smells, the colors and sounds, which are like a crazy kaleidoscope. I love the fliers and the acrobats the best.

As an adult, I have been to Vegas maybe 8 times, and I always catch a Cirque du Soleil show when I'm there. I've seen Mystere, Zumanity, O and I plan to see Beatles Love and Ka soon.

As a side note, I worked as a clown for a bit. Not at a circus, sadly, but I did face painting and balloons at parties, parades, and events. It was good money, $25-50 an hour, but man was it exhausting. My weirdest party was an adult birthday where they paid me to sit and put my makeup on while they drank wine and ate cake and watched. *Shudders*

Anyhoo, that's why this series exists! Check it out here. http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1658

No comments: