Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Switching gears

So, for the longest time I've been working on an angsty contemporary for Dreamspinner. Since it has no deadline, I work on it when I can and it gets pushed to the side when I have to turn in something to EC or TQ or CP. (I love initials, can you tell?)

My New Year's resolutions were pretty simple this year, and one was to get 500 words a day on the novel, just to keep it going.

No problem. I can do that with my eyes closed, right? Indeed, it's been easy. Until today.

See, I've gotten to the big conflict, and it's making me sad. It's already a gray, cloudy day threatening snow, and I don't want to deal with angst, even though I love Walt and Garrison with all my heart.

So I will get my word count, but then I will switch gears. I have a new novelette to work on. It's silly, it's goofy, it's fantasy fluff with lots of yummy sex.

Sometimes you just have to back off the angsty story and cheer yourself up so you stop crying!

XXOO

Julia

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

SO MUCH THIS! Sometimes you just aren't in the mood to write angst. Just like sometimes that sex scene is just not going to happen.

Go write the FLUFF \0/ *throws confetti*