Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Saturday, March 06, 2010

new book at Torquere

woo! Purple Pen diaries - yummy little mystery about a writer and a security guy :>

http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2546

here's a wee excerpt ---

"Mr. Tyler?"

Shit. Well, at least it was tall, dark and hotter than hell who'd detained me.

"Yes?" I pasted on a smile, which made him chuckle. The sound was low and sensual, and went straight to my cock.

"I was going to invite you up to the windows bar and grill thing for dessert."

I stared. I couldn't help it. Surely it wasn't my good looks, though I managed to do all right for myself. If he was a fan, though, I wasn't above taking advantage of it to keep him around a bit longer.

"Sure. Can we escape now, though?"

"You bet." He laughed again, and it made me want to push him down and hump him. It had been a long time since I'd had such a visceral reaction to someone. I liked it.

We worked our way through the crowd, heading toward the stairs. We'd gone up three decks before either of us spoke.

"I like your books," Marc finally said, glancing over. "You must have sisters, to be able to write a guy pretending to be a girl and make it convincing."

"Sisters? What makes you think it's not my skills as a Lothario? I could be married, or engaged or something."

"Your bio says, 'Confirmed bachelor Brandt Tyler'. I figured that meant you were queer."

I sputtered with laughter. I couldn't help it. Most people were not nearly that direct. "I am. Maybe that's how I get the girly thing."

He paused on a landing, looking me over carefully. So carefully that it made my cock twitch. "Nah. You're not that in touch with your feminine side."

"What about you?"

"What about me?" Devereaux grinned, eyes crinkling up at the corners. "I'm all for you being one hundred percent male."

"Oh, good." I started climbing again, feeling the need to sit down somewhere, preferably under a booth where I could hide my rising cock. "So, what do you do, Mr.--"

"Marc. Call me Marc."


---

go check it out!

No comments: