Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Friday, April 03, 2015

Lost work days. Send chocolate

I have a cold sore on my eye. Not my eyelid. On my cornea. This both incredibly painful and debilitating. Makes it hard to see. Really hard.

Now, I have a confession to make. I am the world's worst touch typist. Seriously. I was the last class in my high school and college where keyboarding/typing wasn't mandatory. I'm a pretty fast hunt and peck typist so I skipped the typing in favor of an extra AP class. In the short term, that got me out of college in 3 and a half years. Yay. In the long run, it means when I have an eye injury, I can't type worth a hoot. Like, at all. Sucks.

I know things could suck worse, and I'm super grateful for insurance.

But, dude, it's hard to work when you can't see.

XXOO

Julia

3 comments:

Katherine Halle said...

Wow :(( I didn't even know that was a thing that was even possible :((( I hope you get better soon!!!

Julia said...

thanks hon

Moma Sue said...

Big hugs