Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dreamspinner Author Meet recap 2015

So, we went to Florida for a week. We being me, my wife BA and our friend Sean Michael.

We spent the first 3 days at Disneyworld at the Port Orleans Riverside. Next time I think we'd stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter, as that's where the gluten free beignets live. You heard me, people. GF beignets. The food could be just okay, as we were on a meal plan, but let me tell you, the meal plan is worth it. And the GF fish and chips at Cooke's in Downtown Disney was downright ecstatic. I wish I had pics, but somehow I just didn't take too many. I blame Sean's privacy paranoia.

Grins

Here's BA in the Magic Kingdom with Pooh. Or was that Epcot?

BA is short, no?

Here am I at the end of the weekend. Yeah.

The meetup would have been perfect had it not been for the news that BA's daddy was very ill. While her sister told her there was nothing she could do being there in person that she couldn't do on the phone, that made for huge stress. I came down with the con crud, too, sore throat, sniffles, cough. Urgh.

I got to see Kiernan Kelly, TC Blue, KC Wells, Andrew Grey and a host of old friends, as well as meet new ones like KC Burn and staff members Tammy and Erica.

The best thing was Poppy Dennison's social media talk. The most head pounding was the speed dating with the staff. So loud! Sadly I missed Damon Suede's workshop, but I did get Damon hugs, so it's all good. I put up a word goal, and Andrew Grey was skeptical. I'll show him! Ha :D and I hope to get to go back next year :D

Hugs to all I may have missed and all I miss already.

XXOO

Julia

3 comments:

Kiernan Kelly said...

I miss you three already! I refuse to believe it'll be a year until I see you again. Must work magic. Must. *wails*

Katherine Halle said...

LOVE the pictures. BEIGNETS! And yes where you stayed and the New Orleans one are SO NICE!!!!

Looks and sounds like you all had a BLAST. One of these years I'm going to go to one of these.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Julia said...

Kiernan, we need to ship you here!