Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween is coming!

Bring out your undead, y'all! It's October and Halloween is coming up.

Spooky movies? check

ridiculous werewolf hat? check

Candy? homemade paleo-- check

I love the fall, which admittedly comes late in Texas. Still, we had a norther come in day before yesterday and it's cool and breezy. BA Tortuga and I are putting up Halloween decorations together. Gravestones and spiderwebs and witches, oh my! We cleaned up the yard yesterday, getting weeds pulled, pulling out the potted plants that didn't make it through the hot, drought-ridden summer. We cleaned off the 5 foot tall metal chicken, y'all. It rocks once more.

We're dressing him up as a wolf this year.

I love Halloween goodies, too, but this year I'm eating paleo, so I have to make my own

Here's a recipe to love:

1 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
1 tsp honey
1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
2 tablespoons coffee or espresso, brewed
1/2 pecan halves

line small cookie sheet with parchment. Melt together choc chips, honey, butter and espresso. Drop 5-6 pecan halves on sheet in a small circle and top with dollop of chocolate (about 2 tbs) depending on the size candy you desire, Press down with spoon to enrobe nuts in chocolate.

Chill until chocolate firms

yum

More on halloween all week!

XXOO

Julia

No comments: