Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

typing

Typing is hard.

Oh, I know for most of y'all it's not. I'm not from the Stone Age, but I was the last class in my high school who didn't have mandatory computer classes, though, and I never took a formal typing class.

So, while I type I average 45 wpm, which is above average, I typo a lot. A lot a lot. I have to be able to see the keys once in awhile to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Sometimes this is a huge handicap for me.

Grins. Then I think how it used to be before the computer, when I was a tween and young teen. Even with the electronic typewriter, which would do a line at a time and spell-check, it was a nightmare.

So maybe I'm glad I'm typing now instead of back in the day of the manual typewriter...

No comments: