Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

question for y'all

why do you think so many m/m stories vilify women? I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious. Why is it that m/m writers feel the need to make these awful women their only female characters?

It's a generalization, I know, as a lot of us don't, but I do see a trend, and I want thoughts. Anyone? Bueller?

1 comment:

Rue said...

You mean jealous, overprotective, or homophobic mothers, sisters, ex-girlfriends/wives? I see some of that, but not a lot.
Why? I guess some of the writers are misogynous. Disturbingly misogynous in some cases—when you go to their blog you see how obsessed they are with maleness, and they don’t have any boundaries in hating women.
If they’re not misogynous, they’re probably the typical dumb and crazy m/m writer and most of the things they do in their stories make you go “WHYYY?!”