Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

back from EPICcon

what did I learn this year?

Promote. People have not heard of me. Hell, people who have published me have no idea who I am. Huh. What's up with that? Also, do not slight people who have published you. Not that I did, but I saw a lot of people dis publishers who helped them get where they are, and it will always bite you in the butt in the long run.

I had a lot of fun on the cowboy up panel, talking rodeo, which is my passion. I think it went well and people said they enjoyed it.

congratulaitons to Lee Rowan, who won the GLBT award. I was very pleased to see her win. Congrats too to Sean Michael and Willa Okati, who were fellow nominees to Lee, with very fine books indeed.

Going to sleep now ;)

J

No comments: