Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Content! they say

So I was reading an article on blogs for authors. Are they a good marketing tool, or a time sucker?

One romance author said they were a complete waste of time. She did much better sending her news to her webmaster and just having them update. Another said her blog made her more accesible to her readers, and she wouldn't give it up for love or money.

I think I fall somewhere in between. I do sometimes have trouble thinking up content. I admit I have a hard time making myself interesting, and I *do* worry about knowing the author making the writing less attractive to the reader.

On the other hand, I am an unrepentant journaler. Paper, electronic, mixed media, I do them all. So it's not like this a hardship. A time dump? Well, maybe. But no more so than anything else I do.

One of my favorite author blogs is Neil Gaiman. He was never one of of my most read until I started reading his blog, but then I started to see his books in a whole new light.

If I can get one person more interested in reading me by giving up a little piece of myself here? Yay. I'm all for it.

No comments: