Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

What I did last weekend

I bought a notebook and some gel pens

I know this doesn't sound like much, but it means I'm serious about improving my word count. I rarely get blocked, but I do occasionally get really slow. Lazy, even. I'm a procrastinator. So when I buy a notebook and new pens, it means I'm serious about being able to write anywhere I go, even the line at the grocery.

I also sat with my girl, BA, and plotted out all our works in progress on index cards, a new method she wanted to try. I think it's goi9ng to work great. I'm way more of a pantser, but I think this will keep us on schedule.

On a this week note, congratulations to President Obama. A vote for civil rights heard all over the world!

XXOO

Julia

2 comments:

Moma Sue said...

Yay for our Pres ;) and good for you trying new things hugs

Katherine Halle said...

Oh good for you! I carry a notebook and pen in my purse all the time - ostensibly so my kid can draw when he gets bored in restaurants but I've been known to jot down a few notes :D